Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for EDUPEDIA?
Need a Username/Password?
Edupedia, with registered number ISSN 2614-1409 (Print), ISSN 2614-1434 (Online) is a scientific multidisciplinary journal published by the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Universitas Muhammadiyah Ponorogo. It is at the national level that covers a lot of common problems or issues related to education and learning with creative, innovative, and responsible exposure. The aim of this journal publication is to disseminate the conceptual thoughts or ideas and research results that have been achieved in the area of education and learning. Edupedia was indexed in Google Scholar, SINTA, Dimensions, Garuda, Crossref. Edupedia editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author, should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolons maximally three to five words. Moreover, the title of the article that is written in Bahasa Indonesia should be also stated in English either (look at the example above).
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s name should be written down separately by a comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shortened If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of metadata indexing. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text’s general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Edupedia (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the Edupedia E-journal portal (https://studentjournal.umpo.ac.id/index.php/edupedia) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the authors or reviewers in the “Register” bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template for the article writing are available in MS Word (.pdf) format.
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in part of the online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Edupedia writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) literature review, (h) the research method, (i) result, (j) the result and discussion, (k) the conclusion, (l) the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Theoretical Review, Writing Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic numbering order starting from one. The subtitles are written in bold and in title case format. It uses the left-text alignment without underlining. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English as the standard language. The manuscript should consist of five (5) to twenty (20) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera-ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 2,5 cm, right 2,5cm, bottom 2,5cm, and top 2,5 cm.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. Each paragraph started 6mm from the left side border while there are no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution, and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of the page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
a. The title of the manuscript,
The title should be informative and written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpointed with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in a capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by three to five keywords.
The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow writing down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the
literature review to show the brand new scientific article.
c. LITERATURE REVIEW,
Literature review articles contain an analysis and commentary of the publications on a specific area of research (latest trends 10 years). In larger subject areas, the review may point to significant works on that topic. However, new
and emergent areas might have a small enough body of knowledge to be covered in its entirety. The purpose of the literature review article is to describe the general state or condition of the topic under consideration and to analyze and critique the latest trends and developments in that topic.
The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem-solving of the research are explained in this part.
e. DISCUSSION AND RESULT,
This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 50% of all the references) that were published in the last 10 years. Each article should have at least ten references. Must include a minimum of one reference from an article that has been published in Edupedia.
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author’s articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley. The writing format used in Edupedia follows the format applied by APA Style (American Psychological Association).
6. The Guidelines for the Literature Reviews
The literature reviews should use/recommend a reference application management such as Mendeley. The writing format used in Edupedia follows the format applied by APA Style (American Psychological Association).
7. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure is preferable):
- The document should be submitted by Online Submission System in the Edupedia E-journal portal.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register”.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, and click on “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
a) In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), and check all the checklists.
b) In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
c) In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, and Indexing Keywords.
d) In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
e) In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
f) If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Edupedia editorial team at Call Center: 081331818507 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The manuscript that has been reviewed cannot be canceled or the author will be a penalty of Rp 300.000,-
Authors who publish their manuscripts in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright on each article belongs to the author.
- The author acknowledges that Edupedia Journal has the right to be the first to publish under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (Attribution 4.0 International CC BY 4.0) license.
- Authors may submit articles separately, arranging for the non-exclusive distribution of manuscripts that have been published in this journal to other versions (e.g., sent to the author's institutional repository, publication into books, etc.), acknowledging that the manuscript was first published in the Journal. Edupedia.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Article Publication: 250000.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive each fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.